In this groundbreaking book Dr Mark Rowe draws on philosophy, psychology and years of professional experience to explain what happiness is – and what it isn’t. He explores how happiness affects your success in life and details how to apply his 10 Commitments to increase your well-being and reduce needless negativity.
A Prescription for Happiness offers all the practical guidance you need to transform your life and unleash your true potential. Learn how to:
• fine-tune your psychological and physical fitness
• build and maintain happiness-boosting habits
• experience the benefits of gratitude, kindness and rewarding relationships
• set goals consistent with your values
• make time for what matters to you
• practice realistic optimism and mindfulness
• embrace simplicity and spirituality
• have the courage to choose happiness
Mark’s message is one of possibility. You can choose to embrace more of the rich opportunities life offers. You can bring balance, calm and contentment to your work, your play and your relationships. You can live your life in a way that has purpose and meaning. In short, you can choose happiness. A Prescription for Happiness is the essential roadmap to true well-being. Your journey is about to begin!